Monday, May 23, 2005

Attitude not aptitude determines an aptitude test!

Yesterday the NIIT conducted their 2nd National IT Aptitude Test.Guess what, it was a total farce and the whole aptitude test was conducted in a sloppy manner.The venue : Loyola College
Time : 10:00 a.m.As usual I was up early by around 9:30 a.m. and reached Loyola by 10 a.m. at the dot.I was fearing the aptitude test might have started and that I might be running in late.But as Chennai is the Late City, so being the attitude of every Chennaiite, NIIT guys too found it easy adopting that attitude.

The test was conducted at Bertram Hall in the campus and since I had been there previously for another test I knew the place well and guided two other victims of the test to that place.There they made me change positions more than Pamela would do for her photoshoot.All in all a whopping 45 or 50 had turned up for the test.The way things were going I knew it was totally dopey.The only respite from the heat was a chick dressed in dark green salwar with those half-arms.She beloged to the clan of NIIT dumbos.Man she sure was dumb; to be proved with instances later.So these guys had their formal introduction start after grouping everyone to one side of the hall, on the pretext of providing good auditory experience.Bullshit!! The dumb chick started reading out the introduction, and I could hear a dozen farts in the wind.Then they realized the apparent fallacy in their proceedings and tried a better way, the obvious way - mic.The dumb chick started reeling off about how NIIT conducted the 1st test and teh overwhelming response obtained this year.There I was witnessing the overwhelming response with myself a major contributing factor.After sometime she thought it would be nice of her to get off the stage(i.e. long after I thought so).They started distributing the question papers and answer coding sheet and a plain sheet for working and did some 8908 verifications on my hall-ticket, only me!(May be they were suspicious of that heroic look in my photo.Added to that the photo was on the print-out.You're asking WTF is a print-out doing there? Dude thats the hall ticket.Control!!)And then we started writing or rather shading into those circles as and how we each wished.

Now this question paper was sure dopey, for it had some 3890 identifiable flaws.As and when they would identify a flaw, they would send the dumb chick to announce over the mic and she would politely ask us to correct it.For instance:

Dumb chick: Attention, there is a mistake in page 3 in question no.12.

Now when you'd say question no.12 in page 3, everybody has the sense to look into question no.12 in page 3.Allright? But look what the chick does.

Dumb Chick:A train starts at 1:20 p.m. at Delhi and ends its journey at 4:30 p.m. at Surat.Another train starts at 5:20 p.m. at Jalandhar and ends its journey at 9:00 p.m. at Delhi.What is the ratio of speeds of the two trains?.....Okay?.....
A train starts at 1:20 p.m. at Delhi and ends its journey at 4:30 p.m. at Surat.Another train starts at 5:20 p.m. at Jalandhar and ends its journey at 9:00 p.m. at Delhi.What is the ratio of speeds of the two trains?.....Okay?....Here please cut Surat, its not Surat its Jalandhar.

She was trained at NIIT to repeat questions twice.Poor girl.Insatnce number 25:

Dumb Chick:Attention there is a mistake in question no. 45 in page 7.

We still somehow have the physical tenacity to turn to page 7 and look at question no.45 and read it.But our dumb chick sticks to her basics and delivers the goods:

Dumb Chick:(can't remember any question so..) I am a girl who is supposed to be working for NIIT and I am trained to compere this farce and I am trying my best to attract the attention of all you males by wearing a sleeveless salwar in dark yellow colour.What is my purpose here?...Okay?....
I am a girl who is supposed to be working for NIIT and I am trained to compere this farce and I am trying my best to attract the attention of all you males by wearing a sleeveless salwar in dark yellow colour.What is my purpose here?...Okay?....Here please the colour is not yellow, its green.

So once again we rectify the mistake and proceed.I try hard to concentrate and do the problems, but this chick would just then come up with a mistake, much for the delight of my eyes but least for my nerves.Then there is this guy who promptly says "Time up".WTF dude, you've messsed up with your question paper and now its fuckin time up for you ehh?? So I tried and explained him the restraint of time with the intent found in the previous sentence and he gave me some time.

So after completing the "2nd National IT Aptitude(or attitude, still wondering) Test" I came out and had a nice hot soup and a cold coffee at Loyola's famous coffee shop in the campus.I don't quite know whats the name of the shop for its filled with lines like "The Fresh Coffee..." or something such.Testing times these are, really!!

PS: During the introductory speech the dumb chick said "....you people are one among the 1.5 lakh students taking the test at over 300 venues..." LOL, she sure doesn't know how many zeros accompany a lakh...Or may be the joke was unintended??!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home